Board of Trustees Report January - 2012
The Association's Board of Trustees met on 27/28 January 2012 in Northamptonshire, where they:
- Approved the 2012/13 budget, following detailed consideration at committee level to each of the income and expenditure lines, using comparative data from the last seven years. The aim in setting this budget has been to steer a course between meeting the increasing demands on the Association resulting in part from NHS and social services retraction, while also setting realistic income targets during a time of economic uncertainty. Achieving a balanced budget has meant finding ways to reduce spend, while protecting our frontline delivery of services to people with MND.
- Awarded a new four-year grant to the Leeds MND Care Centre.
- Agreed to fund a further 12-month period for the Online Forum Co-ordinator, who had initially been appointed on a one-year contract.
- Established a new trustee-led Care Committee to ensure good governance of Association activity connected with the care part of our mission for people with MND.
- Discussed the nature of complaints received by the Association over the previous 12 months.