Board of Trustees report April 2011
The Association's Board of Trustees met on 16 April 2011 in Kettering.
- Agreed to work with the Chief Executive to pull together an induction pack and programme for new trustees.
- Heard that Alan Newton had confirmed his intention to stand down and Barbara Howe had agreed to continue as a co-opted trustee. Trustees approved a process to appoint to the two co-opted trustee vacancies.
- Agreed to adopt a revised Investment Policy in order to maximize the return on the Association’s reserves within a strategy of minimal risk.
- Agreed to award research grants to the applications recommended by the Biomedical Research Advisory Panel (BRAP). The trustees were impressed at the high quality of the funded projects and noted the strong relationships with the research centres.
- Agreed that honorary membership be conferred to David Glynne Jones, John Smith and Thomas Warner for a period of three years or the period of their patronage if that is less than three years.
- Was advised of the results of a Health and Social Care Monitoring Survey carried out in December. There had been an impressive response to the survey. Local concern would be addressed through regional strategy groups and national concerns addressed nationally.
- Discussed an Internal Audit Fraud paper and agreed that the branch Toolkit would be revisited to include updated guidance.
- Received the National Care Strategy provisional report and agreed the Board and Association’s executive would draw up an implementation plan to address the recommendations.