Many people living with MND tell us that fundraising gives them a sense of empowerment. Fundraising is a fantastic way to involve friends and family, by fighting back against the disease and it also raises much needed awareness.
We will support you in whatever you do and provide you with branded fundraising materials:
REGISTER YOUR EVENT HERE
If you're looking for ideas, we've put together some popular ways to help make a difference.
Challenge yourself and get sponsored
You can be sponsored for practically everything, whatever your age or level of fitness there is a fundraising event for you! You could:
- Walk, run, swim, cycle or even try something more daring like skydiving.
- Simply find an event near you that you'd like to do, enter, and then let us know so we can support you.
- You might even like to try a sponsored silence, head shave or baked bean bath - the possibilities are endless!
- For more ideas on fundraising activities, check out our A - Z of Fundraising Ideas
Organise an event
Holding your own event is a great way to get everyone together, have some fun and raise some money.
You could organise:
- A pub quiz, race night, golf day, cake sale or coffee morning?
- If you're feeling really ambitious, aim high and hold a fundraising auction, charity night or ball.
- Ask your family and friends to get involved and use their skills and network of contacts to help you plan and raise awareness of your activity.
School or university Fundraising
- Suggest the MND Association as your school, college or university 'Charity of the Year' (and ask your friend to nominate us too!)
- There's lots of easy ways to raise funds such as non-uniform days, cake sales, RAG week and parties.
- We have specialised information packs for youngsters to help them understand MND.
Involve your local Club
- Ask your youth club, choir, theatre group or sports team to raise funds around a shared interest (and ask your friend to nominate us at their club too!)
- Share your fundraising activity via our ‘Twitter’ and ‘Facebook’ to help spread the news and encourage support and donations.
- Your friends can donate to you via an online fundraising webpage - There's more details below on how to 'create your own webpage'.
When carring out a collection of any kind, please ensure you follow the guidelines within
the Guide to Fundraising booklet.
- Ask to hold a collection at a local sporting event (Football/Rugby matches).
- Ask friends and family to collect ‘loose change’ in one of our flatpack collection boxes or ask permission to place one of our collection tins in a local shop or business.
- Ask permission to do a Supermarket store collection or arrange a ‘bag pack’ team.
How we can support you
Please contact the Fundraising Team or call us on 01604 611860 for any help and advice, or to discuss any ideas you may have. Please also look at the helpful 'How to' guides on the right hand side of this page to further assist you in your fundraising endeavours.
If you've already decided what you'd like to do let us know and we will provide you with a fundraising support pack including personalised sponsor forms and a list of materials to help you raise awareness and make your event even more of a success.
Simply sign up NOW by downloading a Registration and Material Request Form and sending this into us to officially register your event.
We look forward to hearing from you!
With best wishes, the Community Fundraising Team
Tel: 01604 611860