Many people living with MND tell us that fundraising gives them a sense of empowerment. Fundraising can be a fantastic way to involve friends and family in fighting back against MND. There are lots of ways to raise funds and awareness, here are just a few ideas:
Challenge yourself and get sponsored
You can be sponsored for practically everything, whatever your age or level of fitness there is a fundraising event for you! You could:
- Walk, Run, Swim, Cycle or even try something more daring like Skydiving.
- Simply find an event near you that you'd like to do, enter, and then let us know so we can support you.
- You might even like to try a sponsored silence, head shave or baked bean bath - the possibilities are endless!
- For more ideas on fundraising activities, check out our A - Z of Fundraising Ideas
Organise an event
Holding your own event is a great way to get everyone together, have some fun and raise some money.
You could organise:
- A Pub Quiz, Race Night or Talent Contest.
- Or why not try a Golf Day, Cake Sale or Coffee Morning?
- If you're feeling really ambitious, aim high and hold a fundraising Auction, Charity Night or Ball.
- Ask your family and friends to get involved and use their skills and network of contacts to help you plan and raise awareness of your activity.
If you or a member of your family attends a school or college, why not suggset nominating the MND Association as the School's Charity of the Year. There's lots of easy ways to raise funds such as non-uniform days, cake sales, fun days, talent shows and discos.
Fundraising with your local Club
If you or someone you know, is a member of a Youth Group, Scout Group, Theatre Group or Sports Club, you might like to pull together a team and organise your own fundraising event for everyone to take part in.
Get Social Please remember to share your fundraising activity via ‘Twitter’ and ‘Facebook’ to help spread the news and encourage support and donations. Your friends can also send your online sponsorship webpage address to their contacts too! More information below on how to 'create your webpage'.
Guess to Give Here’s an easy and fun way to jump-start your fundraising for the MND Association.
Guess2Give is a unique way to raise money over and above your existing sponsorship activity because there’s a twist - everyone making a guess could pocket the cash prize in your online charity sweepstake.
Here’s how it works:
1. Set up a Guess2Give sweepstake for your event. It’s free and only takes a few minutes.
2. Share it with your friends, family and work colleagues via email, Facebook and Twitter.
3. Each person then pays £3 to guess the result of your charity sweepstake. They can make multiple guesses and additional donations.
4. 50p from each guess goes into the prize fund.
5. Whoever guesses closest to the result pockets the lot.
The more people you involve, the more money you raise and the bigger the cash prize!
When carring out a collection of any kind, please ensure you follow the guidelines within
the Guide to Fundraising booklet.
Ask permission to do a Supermarket store collection or arrange a ‘Bag Pack’ team.Collections at local sporting events (Football/Rugby matches) can also be worthwhile.
- Ask friends and family to collect ‘loose change’ in one of our flatpack collection boxes or place one of our collection tins in a local shop or business.
How we can support you
Please contact the Fundraising Team
or call us on 01604 611860 for any help and advice, or to discuss any ideas you may have.
If you've already decided what you'd like to do - contact us to let us know and we will provide you with a fundraising support pack to include personalised sponsor forms and a list of materials to help you raise awareness and make your event even more of a success.
You can even sign up NOW by downloading a Registration and Material Request Form and sending this into us to officially register your event.
We look forward to hearing from you and being of any help!