People living with MND, their family, friends and colleagues, frequently have a need and a determination to strike back at this devastating disease.
This can be achieved in several ways, one of which is raising much-needed funds for the MND Association.From family and group fundraising activities to encouraging the making of gifts and supporting our Appeals; these wonderful efforts can now be collated and recorded in an MND Association Fightback Fund.
We have created our ‘no frills’ Fightback Funds specifically for people living with MND, who would like a straightforward ‘focus’ for their fundraising and that of their family and friends.
To set up a Fightback Fund, simply complete the online application form.
Fightback Fund features:
- Can be quickly set up by a person living with MND or their representative.
- Forms the ‘focus’ of fundraising activity and provides a record of the gifts and donations made in support of the MND Association’s work.
- Strikes back at MND by raising funds for the Association to use wherever the need is most urgent*.
- Can be called whatever its creator wishes. There is no requirement to feature a person’s name or the term ‘Fightback Fund’ in its title.
- May be converted into an MND Association Tribute Fund at any time, with all gift records from the Fightback Fund included in the Tribute Fund.
Making, recording and reporting about gifts to the Fund:
- A Fightback Fund can accept gifts by: cash, cheques, credit and debit cards (online via the Association’s website or by telephone: 01604 611860), Direct Debit and payroll giving.
- Donations can also be accepted from online event / sponsorship pages like those set up on Justgiving or Virgin Money Giving.
- Please let us know by email: email@example.com if you create a fundraising page so gifts can then be automatically transferred to us at regular intervals for recording in the Fund.
- For easy, ongoing reference by its supporters, a Fightback Fund has the option to have its title and current fundraising total displayed here
- If the website display option is selected, we shall update the fundraising total displayed on the site at frequent intervals.
- The fundraising total is automatically emailed to the Fund contact each month, but a fund total can be requested at any time by email or phone (contact details below)
or call the fundraising team on 01604 611860
*Please note: Fightback Funds are not designed for the raising of funds for the sole use / support of an individual, nor are they a kind of savings account for the later purchase of a specific product or service.
Pamela Epps shares...
"I was diagnosed with MND in May 2012, just in time to participate in the MND Awareness Month. I felt it was important to be optimistic and that fundraising would provide a good positive focus – I’m trying to stick to the motto that I am a fighter and not just a victim of the disease.
The new Fightback Fund idea fitted the bill perfectly. My family and friends have provided great support and we will continue with our fundraising efforts during 2013 and hopefully beyond!"