Whether you’re aiming big or small, fundraising is a rewarding and fun way to help make a difference. Either by yourself or as part of a team, through work or in your free-time, there’s a way for everyone to get involved.
If you already know what you would like to do, please tell us by registering below and order MND branded materials to help raise further awareness and funds. We will send these out to you along with a fundraising pack full of useful information.
Complete your registration here
To speak to someone in our fundraising team, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01604 611860.
Here are just a few inspiring fundraising ideas to help get you started!
Organise your own event
Holding your own event is a great way to get everyone together, have fun and raise money. Ask your family and friends to get involved and use their skills and network of contacts to help you plan your activity.
For example, how about holding one of these events…
- Come Dine with Me - are you the ‘hostess with the mostess’? Test your culinary skills with your own version of the popular TV show! Charge diners to take part and let your taste buds do the talking.
- Let’s Get ‘Quizzical’ - test your skills over a bevy with your friends and family at your local!
- Going, going… gone! Use your powers of persuasion and get those you know to… donate their skills, expertise and services to auction off to the highest bidder.
- Supermarket/Street Collections - please follow the advice in the Guide to Fundraising document on the right hand side.
Please also visit the list of ‘how to’ guides and our ‘A-Z’ listing on the right hand side of this page for further ideas and information.
Join other events
Fundraising events such as village fetes, school open days and car boot sales are happening all over the country. Use these events to set up your stall and take donations for your goods such as:
- homemade cakes;
- bric-a-brac; and
- arts and crafts.
Find out what’s happening in your local area
Look at the following:
- Internet: check on Google to see organised events you can join.
- Groups: check local publications for details of groups who may be holding their own event that you could get involved in.
Challenge yourself and get sponsored
You could be sponsored for practically anything, whatever your age, or level of fitness:
- Give It Up - what a great way to ‘kick the habit’ – it’s time to pay to stop using those ‘naughty’ words, eating those extra buns and giving up the smokes! If none of the above apply… donate your time instead or shave those locks, beards, tashes and torsos.
- Sponsored silence - enjoy some quiet time and organise this with your friends, family, colleagues and class mates at school! The donations are sure to flood in to encourage you to ‘keep the peace’!
- Run, walk or swim - create your own route and distance or simply sign up to any organised event.
Get your school, workplace or local club involved
Look out for any potential fundraising opportunities through your workplace, school or club and nominate the MND Association as the charity of the year. There are lots of fundraising suggestions you can make such as…
- a dress down day (or dress up day!)
- cake sales; or
- a sports day.
Social events and celebrations
Whatever the special occasion you can always ask for donations in lieu of gifts! Use our pin badges as favours for your wedding guests and make a donation instead . . . with anniversaries, birthdays, parties, coffee mornings and so much more to choose from!
Get Social… in whatever fundraising you do!
- Use our press release to promote your event and raise additional awareness.
- Share your fundraising activity via our Twitter and Facebook to help spread the news, encourage support and increase donations.
- Set up an online fundraising webpage to share with your network of friends, family and colleagues. All donations are transferred directly to the MND Association.
Ready to get started?
You can download the registration form or contact us for a registration and materials request form.
We have a wide range of items that could help you with your activity whilst also raising much needed awareness. These are all currently provided free of charge. However, when ordering large quantities of materials, please bear in mind the cost.
Telephone: 01604 611860 Email: email@example.com