2013 London Marathon
Congratulations and massive thanks to all of our 2013 London marathon runners. We hope you thoroughly enjoyed your day. Watch this space for our official 2013 London marathon video as well as our photos from the day.
2014 London Marathon - 13 April 2014
The Public Ballot opens 29 April 2013 - NOW CLOSED. Due to overwhelming interest in the 2014 London Marathon, the public ballot closed in record time. Good luck to everyone who was able to apply.
For those of you who were not able to apply in the public ballot, please take alook at our 'Golden Bond' places below.
How do I apply for a charity place?
There is always high demand for our 25 Golden Bond places (available for allocation from October). To make our application process as fair as possible, we ask that the following criteria is met:
- Firstly you should have applied directly to the London Marathon for a place through the 'Public Ballot', and have been unsuccessful, although this is not essential.
- You must have/have had a direct link to someone with Motor Neurone Disease
- You must be able to pledge to raise a minimum of £1,500
- All successful applicants will be required to pay a 'non-refundable' registration fee of £20, once we have confirmed their place
To register your interest in one of our £1500 Golden Bond places please email us with your contact details. When our places become available (in October) we will send you an application form
The Public Ballot
If you have applied in the public ballot the London Marathon office will let you know in October whether or not you have been successful. Once you know the outcome, please contact the fundraising team on 01604 611860 or email us.
If you have been successful, we will be delighted to send you one of our fundraising packs and register you as part of our team.
If you are unsuccessful, please contact us for an application form for one of our £1500 Golden Bond places. All applications must be returned promptly by the end of October 2013
You will be notified in early November as to whether or not we have been able to offer you a place.
What Support Will I Get?
Whether you have your 'own place' in the race, or one of our Golden Bond places, you become part of our valued team and will receive the following support:
- A running vest/T-shirt
- Fundraising materials to help maximize your efforts to reach your target i.e. sponsor forms, posters, balloons etc
- Regular Marathon newsletters filled with updates, training information and fundraising information
- An invitation for you and up to four guests to attend our 'post race reception' on the day
- A complementary massage at our London Marathon reception to ease those aches and pains
For Further Information
Please contact Anita Frith Senior Events & Admin Manager on 01604 611867