How to leave a gift in your will
- Leaving a legacy to the MND Association in a new or existing Will, is straightforward to do and is Exempt from Inheritance Tax.
- See how a gift in your Will could help people affected by MND.
- to make your Will, we strongly advise that you make an appointment with a solicitor.You should not try to write your own Will or use someone who is not properly qualified.
- If you do not have one already, The Law Society can help you find a solicitor in your area.
Will Preparation Form
- To help you prepare for the meeting with your solicitor, we’ve prepared a simple, but useful Will Preparation Form (461 kb) that you can use to ensure you have all the information you will need.
- Remember, if your circumstances or wishes change, it is essential to review your will to ensure that it is still relevant. You may need to update it if for example you get married or divorced, or if children or grandchildren are born.
Can the MND Association act as an executor of my Will?
- Yes. The Association has acquired Trust Corporation status. It enables us to take the role of executor for a supporter who is intending to leave part, or all, of their estate to the MND Association.
- Important note: individuals may continue to leave legacies without appointing the Association as executor.
Record your legacy in a Tribute Fund
If you wish, we can record a legacy pledge (gift promised in your will) within a new or existing tribute fund. When we eventually receive the gift, its value will be included within the fund's overall fundraising total together with any other gifts and donations already received.
Phone or e'mail for further information
- To receive your free Legacy Information Pack, please call us on 01604 611860 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you would like to discuss any aspect of leaving a legacy, please call our Legacy Administration Officer on 01604 611844 or you can send your questions to her at the above email address.
- If you have already remembered the MND Association in your will (ie pledged a legacy to us in your Will) and would like to let us know, please complete a Legacy Pledge Form (557 kb)