The aim of this Association Visitors’ training course is to prepare volunteers to take on the role of an Association Visitor. Visitors act as the main contact on behalf of the Association for people living with MND including their family and carer.
The training programme
The Association Visitor role is extremely rewarding but challenging and takes a high level of commitment. The training and development of Visitors is a large investment for the Association. Please consider your personal situation and the role fully before committing to a training course.
What will l learn?
By the end of the training course you will have covered topics including:
• About MND
• The MND Association
• Role of Association Visitors
• Carers Perspective
• Communication Skills
• Serial Loss and End of Life
• Confidentiality and Data Protection
• Health and Social Care Professionals
How long is the training course?
Each course consists of three and a half days of training, pre-learning and opportunity to put learning into practice:
• Prior to attending formal training course you will be asked to carry out an on-line pre-learning module providing an introduction to the various sessions and topics which will be covered in more depth on the training course
• Two and a half day residential training days
• Experiential learning period before the final day - an opportunity to put your learning from the course into practice
• Final one day training
Ongoing training and support
The Association is committed to ensuring that all visitors have access to regular support and supervision. On a day-to-day basis support can be accessed through other visitors, staff and MND Connect. Ongoing development is provided through an annual menu of opportunities including National Forums, Spring Conferences and Local Development days. We ask all Association Visitors to undertake at least one training opportunity per year.
Find out more:
To find out more about the Association visitor training programme contact the volunteering team:
Phone: 0845 604 4150
Or use the Volunteering Enquiry Form