The MND Association exists to ensure people with MND and those who care for them are able to access the best care and achieve the highest possible quality of life.
One of the ways we do this is through providing financial support to help people with MND receive the practical support you need to manage life with the disease.
Our financial support helps to fund equipment, care and quality of life interventions for people with MND and their families. We consider applications where a need has been assessed by a health or social care professionals or other appropriate person, and where:
- Equipment or a service has not been provided by a statutory service, or where the support does not fall within their statutory responsibilities or criteria
- There is an unacceptable delay in provision by a statutory service
- We can bridge the gap while awaiting provision by a statutory service
- A ‘quality of life intervention’ is anything that will make life easier or more comfortable for the person with MND and/or your carer.
An application for financial support can be made:
- Either by a health or social care professional who has identified a need for the equipment or other service
- Or by an appropriate professional, person with MND or representative who can demonstrate a need for a quality of life intervention.
If an application is being made by a health or social care professional, he or she will need to demonstrate that statutory funding has been sought or options explored. This is because our financial support cannot be used to replace statutory responsibilities.
The MND Association has commissioned guidance in a Statutory Services Report which details statutory service responsibilities in relation to the provision of equipment, support and services to people living with MND. This is accompanied by a quick reference table to help you find contents of the report more easily and an overview with template letters to help you challenge non-provision of statutory help:
How to apply:
Use the links below to access:
Please see Information for download at the bottom of this page for links to our benefit related information sheets.
For financial support application queries please contact MND Support Services on 01604 611802 or email email@example.com
For general support please contact MND Connect on 08457 626262 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome your feedback in relation to our financial support and equipment loan service and would appreciate it if you could complete the form below. We will use your feedback to monitor and improve the service that we provide:
Financial Feedback Questionaire