Research proposals are considered in two stages, an initial summary application, after which a full application may be invited.
The next grants round is for Project Grants. The deadline date for summary applications is 1 November 2013. To apply please register and complete our Online Summary Application Form. This round will open on 13 September 2013. It is important to read our Guidelines and Terms and Conditions before completing the form. It is also recommended that you read the MND Association Research Strategy and Research Govenance Overview.
Guidelines for Submitting Summary Applications
Summary applications will be reviewed on the following criteria:
- relevance to 'classical' MND, ie ALS, PMA, PLS. Other conditions will only be considered if a case for the potential benefit to these conditions can be demonstrated
- an outline of the proposed workplan
- the aim(s) of the research
- the potential clinical and/or translational relevance of the research
- approximate cost and time scale
- where the study fits in with other work within the laboratory/institute
- for Studentships, the principal applicant must have demonstratable experience of supervising PhD students
Full details of the application and reviewing processes are described in our Research Governance Overview.
Research Governance Overview
PhD Studentship Guidelines
PhD Studentship Terms and Condtions
Project Grant Guidelines
Project Grant Terms and Conditions