Association launches its election manifesto for 2019
Following last week’s announcement that a snap General Election will be held on December 12th, the MND Association has launched its election manifesto. We’re calling on all political parties to pledge their support to people affected by MND, especially on some of the key issues we’re campaigning on:
- Scrap 6 Months – fast access to welfare benefits
- Reform of social care and increased funding
- More accessible homes and faster access to adaptations
- Better support for unpaid carers
- Increased research funding.
Whilst all charities including the Association must remain politically neutral, we will be sending the manifesto to the main political parties and campaigning ahead of the election to improve awareness of MND among the new intake of MPs.
Next week we will be launching our election campaign action, where supporters can ask their parliamentary candidates to pledge their support to the Scrap 6 Months campaign.