London Marathon Terms and Conditions
- You acknowledge that the MND Association incurs costs as a result of you joining our marathon team e.g. cost of producing and sending fundraising packs/running vest/fundraising materials. The objective of joining our team is to raise as much money as possible to help us achieve our vision.
- Funds raised through the London Marathon 2020 will be used to fund the work that we do in order to help us achieve our vision of a world free from MND.
- You must be 18 years old or over on the event day.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your fitness to take part in the event.
- Any images, video, audio and quotes we collect from you during the course of your VMLM20 journey may be used by the MND Association in future marketing materials.
- In the event of injury, or if you can no longer take part in the event you can terminate your place at any point by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01604 611860. We regret that we are unable to refund any registration payments made to us. Please read our withdrawal policy below.
- All monies that you raise in connection with your place in the VMLM20 event must be paid to the MND Association within 4 weeks of the event date.
- You have provided the MND Association with information about you and consent to us using this data. If you have a charity place, you understand that it is necessary for the MND Association to share the data with the race organisers in order to participate in the event.
Charity place runners
- We define a charity place runner as anyone who has obtained a place in the VMLM20 directly from the MND Association and has committed to raise a minimum of £2500 as a condition of the place.
- The MND Association has a very limited number of spaces in the VMLM20 and no guarantee can be given that your application will be successful. We receive many more applications than we have event places, so unfortunately not everyone who applies will be given a place.
- Your application will be reviewed by the MND Association team and you may be contacted to discuss your application by email or phone. You will be informed of the status of your application Friday 28th June 2019 5pm.
- We reserve the right to refuse applications at our absolute discretion without providing reasons for doing so.
- You must pay your £75 registration fee within 2 weeks of being offered a place in the VMLM20. If we don’t receive payment by this date, we reserve the right to cancel your place and offer it to someone else.
- If your application is successful and you pay your £75 registration fee, we will ensure that your place is reserved for the VMLM20. You will be required to complete your registration on the race organisers online entry system by the January 2020 TBC. We will provide you with full details of how to do this. If you do not complete the VMLM20 online entry system you will lose your place and you will not be entitled to a refund or a deferral.
- On receipt of payment of the registration fee, you will be sent a welcome pack including your running vest and fundraising support. Our team is here to help. We will provide advice and support to help you with your fundraising and to achieve your minimum target.
- Charity places in the VMLM require investment from the MND Association. Therefore by applying for a charity place you agree to meet the minimum sponsorship of £2,500 (excluding registration fee and gift aid).
- All monies raised through your participation in the VMLM20 must be paid to the MND Association within 4 weeks of the event date. If a deficit to the minimum sponsorship amount remains at this point, we will contact you to discuss plans for paying in the remaining.
- If your application is successful, you will also be required to sign up to and comply with the Virgin Money London Marathon event rules and terms and conditions. Please note that the MND Association is not responsible for the organisation or management of the marathon event and therefore we shall have no liability for any injury, damage or loss suffered by you when taking part in the event.
- You understand that if for any reason you are unable to participate in the event and wish to withdraw, the MND Association could return any online fundraising donations to the original donor if requested. If you or your sponsors feel that donations should be refunded, your sponsors will need to contact us directly and individually.
- If you have purchased a charity place, we regret that your registration payment cannot be refunded or transferred. You will need to re-apply for a Charity Place (this will not be guaranteed) and you will be required to pay the registration fee and commit to the sponsorship pledge that is set for that year. Deferrals are at our discretion and will not take place automatically.
- If you have your Own Place (e.g. through the Virgin London Marathon ballot, or Good-for-age place) you may be able to defer your place to the following year but this is dependent on the Event Organisers and you must contact them directly. You may be required to pay the registration fee to the Organisers for that year.