Providing valuable local support for people living with MND, their families and carers is one of the most rewarding activities for your branch/group. Support can be offered in a variety of ways and whatever the size of your branch or group there is always something you can be doing to help those affected in your area. Some of the main ones are:
• providing opportunities for people with MND, their carers and families, to meet together informally through open meetings, get-togethers, garden centre meetings, socials and drop-ins
• helping to fund equipment and services that improve the quality of day to day living for people with MND which are otherwise unavailable through other sources
• producing informative and interesting newsletter to keep people aware of what your branch/group is doing in your area
• having a branch or group contact who proactively maintains contact with people with MND, their families and carers, ensuring they are informed of the work of the branch and the Association
• developing and maintaining a branch/group website and social media sites to keep in contact with your branch/group members and share what else is happening locally.
Whatever your branch/group chooses to do to offer support, good organisation and planning will help make all the difference.