Multi-disciplinary working – making it effective for motor neurone disease
We have been working in partnership with a number of professional organisations to produce an exciting online module.
The course was created by a group of professionals, representative of the MDT. The stimulus behind it was to help allied health professionals (AHPs) and trainee AHPs explore the key factors in the effective operation of a multidisciplinary team for the treatment and care of people living MND. Its objectives are that by the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Identify the recommendations within the NICE MND Guideline NG42 relating to MDT good practice;
- Explain the importance of an effective MDT in MND cases;
- Describe the MDT, and its operation, in their area;
- Understand how to apply good MDT practice in their own work setting
- Reflect on current practice in their own work setting and recommend useful improvements.
The free course runs over 6 weeks and during it participants are encouraged to interact with their fellow students to enrich the experience of all taking part.