Early Career Researcher Workshop & MND Conference – 3-4 June 2020
Are you an Early Career Researcher in MND?
Early career researchers include PhD students and up to 5 years post-docs (career breaks will be considered) who have chosen MND as their area of investigation.
- A two-day educational event focused on networking and engagement, set in the beautiful surroundings of Colworth Science Park in Bedfordshire.
- We aim to recognise the important work being carried out by early career researchers investigating MND.
- This event will provide an important opportunity to engage with people with and affected by MND, build partnerships and an understanding of the research interests of the MND community.
Day 1 - Wednesday 3 June 2020
- Present your work in a 3-minute thesis style presentation (in lay terms) to your peers
- Partner with a researcher for feedback on presentation
- Presentation from a person living with MND
- Inspiring and educational talks from well-respected members of the MND research and science community. Topics will include: career progression, funding opportunities, promoting your work, building collaboration, public partnership, and new ways to present science to a lay audience
- Networking BBQ in the evening
Day 2 - Thursday 4 June 2020
- Present your new and improved 3-minute talk, with improvements learnt from Day 1, to an invited public lay audience
- Work on MND research questions with people living with and affected by MND in a group activity, culminating in a short performance
- Further inspiring presentations on MND research and more
*The full programme will be online at the end of March. Attendance at both days is required.
We can provide:
- Complimentary accommodation
- Transport between the accommodation and venue
Submissions close on 11 March and we will inform you of our decision by the end of March.
If you require any more information or have any questions, please feel free to email us at email@example.com.