Every gift acts as a tribute to the special person in whose name the fund has been created, while giving important financial support to our work.
Tribute Fund supporters receive regular, personal updates on the progress of their Fund
A tribute fund is easy to create and there are no set up or maintenance charges.
"The tribute fund provides a very positive focus. It pulls everyone together for a common cause" Suzanne Despard, whose mother Mary Lesbirel died from MND in 2008.
Create a Tribute Fund
From here, you can apply to create a Tribute Fund ,and we will confirm back to you when this has been done.
If you require more information, please see the following sections and 'here to help' at the bottom of the page.
Celebrate their life and help us too
Everyone: family, friends, colleagues and neighbours can contribute to the fund however and whenever they wish. For example:
- Making a simple personal donation perhaps on a special anniversary
- Responding to an appeal
- Setting up a regular gift by Direct Debit
- Requesting donations to the fund in lieu of presents
- Recording a legacy pledge (promise) in the fund. When eventually received, the legacy value will be added to the fund's overall fundraising total. Please email tribute fund enquiries to request your copy of our Tribute Fund with Legacy booklet
- Taking part in a sponsored challenge (your own or charity organised)
- Holding your own event eg coffee morning; a party, or maybe a special anniversary.
Promoting your Tribute Fund Event
We can provide (free of charge)Tribute Fund Celebration Gift Envelopes specially designed fundraising 'Party' invitations or 'Anniversary Celebration' invitations.
Whatever your celebration event or challenge, you can promote it online with a personal fundraising page at either virginmoneygiving or justgiving
Please let us know by email if you create a fundraising page. Gifts can then be automatically transferred to us at regular intervals for recording in the tribute fund.
A Tribute Fund can have its own website
Once a tribute fund has been set up, it can also have its own website. Everyone can leave messages, memories, photos, even video clips and music and donate securely to the fund online. To find out more and/or to take an existing tribute fund online, visit our Tribute Fund Website Service.
Visiting a specific fund: We do not publish a list of tribute fund websites. If you would like to visit a particular site but do not have the web address details, just email Tribute Fund enquiries with your name and the name of the fund you wish to visit, and we will email you back with the necessary information.
You may find the fund you seek in our Online Tribute Fund Garden. This ‘garden’ features those online MND Association Tribute Funds that have opted-in to allow public access to their websites. The 'garden' does not feature those funds wishing to remain private or of course any offline only funds.
Here to help - Information contact points
- If you would like to speak to someone about Tribute Funds, please call Tess on 01604 611864 or Stephen on 01604 611865
- Alternatively, you can email us at: Tribute Fund enquiries to request your Tribute Fund Information Pack and/or ask any questions