MND Connect Helpline
MND Connect is more than just a helpline…
The MND Connect team offers information and support on all aspects of motor neurone disease (MND), including symptom control, practical management, improving quality of life, clinical research and signposting to other organisations.
MND Connect is available Monday to Friday between 9am to 5pm and 7pm to 10:30pm.
You can call us direct on 0808 802 6262 or e-mail us at: email@example.com
(Calls to this number are free from landlines and mobile phones within the UK and do not appear on itemised bills).
The service is for:
- people living with MND
- family members
- health and social care professionals
- MND Association staff and volunteers
or anyone else affected by MND.
- information about MND and how to manage with symptoms
- social, practical and financial information
- contact details for local support, which may include an Association Visitor (AV), a local branch or group or a regional care development adviser (RCDA)
- information about how the MND Association can support you
- signposting to other appropriate services
A comprehensive range of publications is also available for people affected by the disease, for professionals involved in their care and for those involved in research.
“As a professional nurse, it is very reassuring that I can ask for help and information, as motor neurone disease is not common. I need to be sure I am doing everything in my power to offer the best care for my client”.
“You give a fantastic service. Thank you, it makes my job much easier”.
The MND Connect team consists of a team of experienced staff and volunteers who work closely with our local and regional services.
Our team members have backgrounds in occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, nursing, midwifery, education and carers’ services. Together we offer 40 years’ experience in providing specific MND support.
Our team was accredited in 2015 with the Helplines Partnership Standard, which reassures our callers that they will receive reliable, accurate and timely information and support.