Transforming MND Care is a free, simple to use audit tool developed by the MND Association. It supports the implementation of recommendations in the NICE guideline on MND (NG42) as well as statements 1, 2, 3 and 5 in the NICE quality standard for MND.
The tool has been specifically designed for health and social care professionals working with MND patients in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Transforming MND Care can help you to:
- benchmark current performance
- improve outcomes for MND patients
- plan cost-effective service improvements
- enhance professional practice
- enhance multidisciplinary working and communication.
The tool consists of two parts, an Excel-based clinical audit and a patient experience survey. The results will support you to develop a development plan to improve your level of compliance with the guideline. Your local Service Development Manager (SDM) will be happy to advise and support you in this process.
The audit has been endorsed by professional bodies including:
- Association for Respiratory Technology and Physiology
- Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Respiratory Care
- Association of Palliative Care Social Workers
- The British Association for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE)
- Primary Care Neurology Society
- Royal College of Occupational Therapists
- Royal College of Physicians
- Royal College of Speech and Language Therapy.
- Audit Instructions
- Designing Your Development Plan
- Development Plan Template
- Promotional flyer
- Audit question list
NICE have developed a range of MND specific resources you may find helpful:
- Shared learning examples - examples showing how NICE guidance and standards can improve local health and social care services.
- MND overview pathway - an interactive flow chart to explore everything NICE says about MND.
- Quality standard QS126 - sets out the priority areas for quality improvement in health and social care.
- Recommendations - summary of NICE recommendations on providing the best possible care to someone with MND.
- NG42 Full guideline – The complete version of the guideline, including methods, evidence and recommendations.