Are you an Early Career Researcher in MND?
Early career researchers include PhD students and up to 5 years post-docs (career breaks will be considered) who have chosen MND as their area of investigation.
This year sees the launch of the Early Career Researcher Workshop & MND Conference on Tuesday 19 July and Wednesday 20 July 2022.
- A two-day educational event focused on networking and engagement, set in the beautiful surroundings of the University of Northampton.
- We aim to recognise the important work being carried out by early career researchers investigating MND.
- This event will provide an important opportunity to engage with people with and affected by MND, build partnerships and an understanding of the research interests of the MND community.
The University of Northampton, Waterside Campus
Day 1 - Tuesday 19 July 2022
- Present your work in a 3-minute thesis style presentation (in lay terms) to your peers
- Partner with a researcher for feedback on presentation
- Presentation from a person living with MND
- Inspiring and educational talks from well-respected members of the MND research and science community. Topics will include: career progression, funding opportunities, promoting your work, building collaboration, public partnership, and new ways to present science to a lay audience
- Networking BBQ in the evening
Day 2 - Wednesday 20 July 2022
- Present your new and improved 3-minute talk, with improvements learnt from Day 1, to an invited public lay audience
- Work on MND research questions with people living with and affected by MND in a group activity, culminating in a short performance
- Further inspiring presentations on MND research and more
*The full programme will be online soon.
We can provide:
- Complimentary accommodation
You will need to provide a lay title, a brief lay description of your work (maximum 75 words), and brief career history to register your interest. We will be selecting presenters based on the information you send us. Once you have been selected to attend, we will confirm your place and you will be requested to pay the registration fee.
*The submission system is now closed until further notice*
If you require any more information or have any questions, please feel free to email us at [email protected].