Welcome to the East Dorset and New Forest Branch of the Motor Neurone Disease (MND) Association.
Formed in 1986 and run by our great band of volunteers, many of whom have extensive personal experience of the disease, we are here for people suspected of or living with MND and for anybody affected by MND in the East Dorset area (BH postcodes). This includes the following areas: Bournemouth, Broadstone, Christchurch, Ferndown, New Milton, Poole, Ringwood, Swanage, Verwood, Wareham and Wimborne.
We do the following:
- We raise funds and provide funding, primarily through our grants programme
- We provide information and updates through our Facebook group, website and newsletters
- We provide information about care and support options in the local area, this includes linking to our network of Support Volunteers and to professionals
- We provide support for people living with or affected by MND, primarily through our regular support meetings
Branch Support Meetings are open to anyone in the area living with or affected by MND. Meetings take place on Thursdays between 10.30am-12.30pm on the following dates:
- 27th October at Trinity Church, Charminster, Bournemouth (BH9 1RN)
- 10th November in Hall 2A at The Spire, Poole (BH15 1DF)
- 24th November at the Methodist Church Hall, Cliffe Rd, Barton on Sea (BH25 7PA)
- Saturday 19th November Christmas Fair
Afternoon Tea and Volunteer Awards
On Saturday 16 July in Canford Magna we enjoyed a wonderful afternoon tea event to celebrate the long service of a number of our volunteers, not least Jill Heys and Val Spence who have volunteered for 35 years and 25 years respectively. Chris Wade, Director of Engagement for the MND Association presented the awards.
It was so lovely to get together once again and celebrate together, many thanks to all who made it such a great event.
Would you like to help?
Have you ever considered volunteering with us? We would love to hear from anyone who is interested in getting involved. Here’s a few ways you could help:
- Supporting people living with or affected by MND
- Engaging with diverse communities
- Getting involved in local or national campaigns
- Public speaking
At the moment, we are looking to fill the current vacancies: Treasurer and Media Co-ordinator
For further details contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see our website for more details