The easy and tax efficient way to make monthly donations direct from your salary, so it actually costs you less to give. Your regular donation will help support people living with MND and fund vital research to help us find a cure.
What is Payroll Giving?
Payroll Giving (also known as Give As You Earn) is an easy way for employees paid by PAYE to give regularly to the MND Association. Through Payroll Giving, donations are taken from your salary before tax, so each pound you donate will cost you less.
How does it work?
Every time you are paid, a donation amount of your choice is taken from your pay before tax is deducted. So, if you pledge to donate £5 per month, it would actually cost you only £4 on the basic tax rate or £3 on the higher tax rate. The table below gives further examples about how much your donation will actually cost you.
|You give before tax||Cost to you at 20% tax|
What are the benefits?
- As donations are deducted before tax is calculated, it is one of the most simple and tax-efficient ways of giving.
- You can make donations anonymously if you choose.
- Your regular contribution will help us plan for the future.
- Once set up there are no cheques involved, no forms to complete, no letters to send and no postage costs and your donations are all potentially tax efficient which helps both you and your charity.
- Your donation will make a huge difference to people living with MND and help fund pioneering research into a cure.
How do I get started?
- If you would like to donate in this way, you simply need to contact your company’s payroll department, advise them that you wish to start giving monthly to a charity, and ask them to provide you with the relevant form. Your company might have a policy to match payroll giving donations – your payroll department should be able to tell you more.
- Or complete the online form here.
You will need to supply our charity number and address as detailed below:
Motor Neurone Disease Association
Francis Crick House
6 Summerhouse Road
Registered Charity No. 294354
To cancel your gift, simply notify your payroll department.
If you wish for your donations to be added to a particular Tribute Fund please let us know your wishes.