Respiratory Workshop 2022
We are pleased to offer these one-day face-to-face workshops which focus on a critical area of MND care – respiratory management. If you are a non-specialist looking to learn more about this important subject to assist your practice these sessions are for you.
These sessions are part of a programme of introductory workshops on this topic. 2023 will see two further sessions delivered on types of ventilation, interface selection and withdrawal of ventilation and secretion management. These will be advertised in the new year.
The workshops will be delivered by subject experts and have been endorsed by ACPRC, and SiLVaH and also have CPD accreditation.
Cost: £50.00 View Events Cancellation Policy
Location: 15 November 2022 (London) or 30 November (Newcastle)
Aim: To introduce non respiratory specialist members of the MDT to respiratory failure, and its assessment and surveillance for people living with MND.
By the end of the one-day session, participants will:
- have been introduced to respiratory failure, and its progression, in the context of MND
- be better able to recognise the indications of possible respiratory failure from other symptoms
- be able to describe the respiratory assessments, including sleep studies, which may be performed on people living with MND with suspected respiratory failure
- be able to explain respiratory assessments in order to support the people with MND in their care and prepare them for the tests
- have had an opportunity to explore case studies and through knowledge application and discussion identify the presenting problem and the appropriate action to take.
Speaker biographies: Coming soon