Research proposals are considered in two stages, an initial summary application, after which a full application may be invited.
The next grants round is for Non-Clinical Fellowships and PhD studentships. The deadline date for summary applications is 3 May 2019. To apply please register and complete our Online Summary Application Form.
This round is now closed. It is important to read our Guidelines, Terms and Conditions and our Guide to Completing the Online Summary Application Form before completing the form (see below). It is also recommended that you read the MND Association Research Strategy and Research Governance Overview.
Guidelines for Submitting Summary Applications
Summary applications will be reviewed on the following criteria:
- relevance to 'classical' MND, i.e. ALS, PMA, PLS. Other conditions will only be considered if a case for the potential benefit to these conditions can be demonstrated;
- an outline of the proposed work plan;
- the aim(s) of the research;
- the potential clinical and/or translational relevance of the research;
- approximate cost and time scale;
- where the study fits in with other work within the laboratory/institute;
- for Studentships, the principal applicant must have demonstrable experience of supervising PhD student.
Please make sure to read the documents below before submitting the summary application. Full details of the application and reviewing processes are described in our Research Governance Overview.