Roles and recruitment
This section offers information and guidance on recruiting new volunteers to your branch or group, including role profiles for the different roles.
A great way to recruit new volunteers is through word of mouth of existing volunteers. Through your volunteering activities you'll meet lots of people who are connected to our cause and may be interested in volunteering themselves.
We have created some resources to help you recruit more support volunteers.
We also have some new recruitment posters & flyers which you can use: created using the template centre
It is good practice to request references for all volunteers involved in your branch committee. Further information to support you on this can be found below.
Please find all the official role profiles below, useful for letting new recruits know what the role they are interested in may involve.
- Branch Chair role profile / Group Leader role profile
- Branch Vice Chair role profile
- Branch Secretary role profile / Group Correspondent role profile
- Branch/Group Contact role profile
- Branch Treasurer role profile / Group Finance Officer role profile
- Newsletter Editor role profile
- Webmaster role profile
- Social Media Co-ordinator role profile
- Media Relations Volunteer role profile
- Campaigns Contact role profile
- Fundraiser role profile
- Association Visitor role profile (Welsh)
- Support Event Helper role profile
- Support Meeting Coordinator role profile (Welsh)
Looking to recruit a president or patron for your branch or group, please find out guidance for the process below;