A diagnosis of MND can feel overwhelming. You, your family and everyone close to you may need time to adjust. As difficult as it may feel at first, having open conversations about the impact of this news can be helpful. It may make it easier for everyone to share concerns, both now and in the future.
This section provides answers to questions you might have at this time.
- What about my plans?
- What are the likely symptoms I can expect?
- How will MND affect my everyday life?
- Is MND inherited?
We have various support services available, and we encourage you to visit the following pages to find out what is available to you.
- MND Connect is our helpline. It offers information and support for people living with MND, people affected by MND, carers and health and social care professionals.
- Our online forum is a safe place for people affected by MND to share experiences and support each other.
- Our getting help area provides more information on all the services we offer.