Community of practice
“Communities of practice are groups of people who share a concern, a set of problems, or a passion about a topic, and who deepen their knowledge and expertise in this area by interacting on an ongoing basis”
- Etienne Wenger
The MND Professionals’ Community of Practice is a peer led group of health and social care professionals encouraging and supporting the development of good care for people living with, or affected by, MND.
Our shared passion is improving the lives of people affected by MND. This is your community of practice – it is yours to participate in and to shape. Being an active member of the Community of Practice could count towards your professional CPD requirement.
At the centre of the community is a group of experienced, knowledgeable, and passionate professionals – the Expert Core. These colleagues are the official representative core MDT keen to establish the community and maintain it as a thriving learning and development environment.
Together as a community we will:
- support professional development
- support service development
- champion collaboration, cross disciplinary awareness and engagement
- develop and share resources, knowledge and good practice
- raise awareness of MND outside the immediate MND community.
As a member you can present your ideas directly to the membership at an Information and Knowledge exchange or interact in our Facebook group, exclusively for Community members. We will email you with community news, to share information or seek your opinion on key issues. We know that for many health and social care professionals, people with MND make up only part of their case load. We know that much of the care for people living with MND is delivered in the community by those not part of a dedicated MND team. The Community of Practice is an opportunity to be part of a supportive and collaborative, virtual national team working with people affected by MND.
As a member you agree to:
- respect the community as a positive and safe space to share resources and practice
- respect all members
- be as active as possible – and help to make the community vibrant and useful for all
- be ambassadors for the MND Professionals’ Community of Practice and encourage other professionals in your local region and networks to join and participate
- provide constructive feedback and take part in activities as time allows.
We hope you will be a part of it.