MND EnCouRage UK event
Are you an Early Career Researcher in MND?
Early career researchers include PhD students and up to 5 years post-docs (career breaks will be considered) who have chosen MND as their area of investigation.
- A two-day educational event focused on networking and engagement, set in the beautiful surroundings of the University of Northampton.
- We aim to recognise the important work being carried out by early career researchers investigating MND.
- This event will provide an important opportunity to engage with people with and affected by MND, build partnerships and an understanding of the research interests of the MND community.
Day 1 - Tuesday 19 July 2022
- Present your work in a 3-minute thesis style presentation (in lay terms) to your peers
- Partner with a researcher for feedback on presentation
- Presentation from a person living with MND
- Inspiring and educational talks from well-respected members of the MND research and science community. Topics will include: career progression, funding opportunities, promoting your work, building collaboration, public partnership, and new ways to present science to a lay audience
- Networking BBQ in the evening
Day 2 - Wednesday 20 July 2022
- Present your new and improved 3-minute talk, with improvements learnt from Day 1, to an invited public lay audience
- Work on MND research questions with people living with and affected by MND in a group activity, culminating in a short performance
- Further inspiring presentations on MND research and more
*The full programme will be online soon.
We can provide:
- Complimentary accommodation
*The submission system is now closed until further notice*