MND EnCouRage UK event
This year sees the launch of MND EnCouRage UK on Tuesday 19 - Wednesday 20 July 2022
MND EnCouRage UK is a unique two-day UK event with inspiring and interactive talks from well-respected and experienced scientists and clinicians, specifically planned to support you in your early career as an MND researcher. The event will focus on networking, fostering collaborations and engagement and will provide an important opportunity for you to connect with people living with and affected by MND.
MND EnCouRage UK is open to both MND Association funded and non-funded early career researchers, including PhD students and up to 5 years post-docs (career breaks will be considered) who have chosen MND as their area of investigation.
The event will take place at the new Waterside Campus at the University of Northampton on Tuesday 19 and Wednesday 20 July 2022.
Through the event we aim to recognise, retain and encourage the important work of ECRs who have chosen MND as their area of investigation. The event will include inspiring and educational talks from respected MND researchers and others. Topics will include career progression, funding opportunities, promoting your work, building collaborations, public partnerships, engagement and presentation skills.
The second day will be attended by a VIP guest and open to invited guests living with MND (plus a family member/carer). These guests will be identified with help from local branches and groups to provide the opportunity for you to engage with people affected by this disease, build partnerships and gain a greater understanding of the research interests of the MND community.
University of Northampton, University Drive, Northamptonshire NN1 5PH
Day 1 - Tuesday 19 July 2022
- Present your work in a 3-minute lay presentation to your peers
- Partner with another researcher for feedback on your presentation
- Living with MND – a presentation from an invited guest living with MND
- Presentations and ‘fireside chats’ from experienced researchers on career progression, funding, clinical perspectives, presenting science to a public audience, engaging with the wider MND community, developing your network and more
- Networking breakfast and evening BBQ
- Overnight accommodation provided on campus if required
Day 2 - Wednesday 20 July 2022
- Informal networking breakfast
- Present your new and improved 3-minute talk to a lay audience of people living with and affected by MND
- Take part in a round-table group activity with people from the MND community
- Be one of the first to join the MND Community Research Advisory Network. The network is open to researchers and people affected by MND and will help shape and inform the work of the research team at the MND Association
- Further inspiring presentations on MND and more
* Complimentary onsite accommodation on the nights of 18 and 19 July will be provided if required. We reserve the right to hold this event on a virtual platform, depending on COVID-19 restrictions in place at the time.
Registration for this year's event has closed.