Needs assessment, home care and home adaptations

A ramp up to a house door.

If you are living with motor neurone disease (MND) or Kennedy's disease, or you provide help as a carer, you may be able to access care support. To find out if you qualify, seek an assessment of your needs by your local authority in England and Wales, or your local health and social care trust in Northern Ireland. Select from the following to find out more.

"It's about finding solutions to problems to enable life to continue as positively and optimistically as possible." Carer, supporting a person with MND


  • Page last updated: 30 June 2022
  • Next review: 30 June 2024

For further information and support contact our MND Connect helpline

mndconnect 0808 802 6262