Psychological Care Masterclass 2022
A masterclass for health and social care professionals involved in the management of people with MND.
Date: 18 November 2022
Cost: £40.00 View Events Cancellation Policy
Location: Online delivery via zoom
Aims: To help professionals gain confidence in supporting the psychological care of people living with MND, and to improve their knowledge and understanding of the psychological processes present throughout the course of MND for people living with MND and their families.
By the end of the masterclass, you will:
- understand the psychological processes that can arise for people during the course of MND
- have an understanding of models of loss and how they can be applied to the experience of people living with MND
- understand some key principles of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, how these can be applied clinically, and how they can support self-care
- have an understanding of the cognitive effects of MND, and ways to work with common cognitive deficits
- have an understanding of compassion fatigue, how this can affect us as individuals, and how it can affect the care that we provide.
Dr Emily Mayberry - Senior Clinical Psychologist – Sheffield MND Care Centre and Clinical Neuropsychology Services, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
Dr Sian Hocking - Clinical Psychologist - Rookwood Neurorehabilitation Unit